Restylane® Skin Boosters™
Restylane® Skin Boosters™ will deliver deep hydration to your skin which provides nourishment to the skin cells with significant improvement that continues over the next few months. There is clinical evidence that shows that results can last up to a year from the first treatment.
What is Skin Boosters™
Skin Boosters™ are a product made from of stabilised hyaluronic acid. Hyaluronic acid is a natural ingredient found in our skin which binds with water to maintain skin hydration and provides a medium for which nutrients can reach the skin cells. During the ageing process, the production of hyaluronic acid naturally reduces but other factors can also take its toll on our skin such as pollution, stress or lifestyle. The skin’s appearance then becomes dull, rough and uneven, loses its plumpness and radiance, loss of elasticity and tired looking.
How does it work?
The Skin Boosters™ is an injectable hyaluronic gel which delivers significant improvement to the skin for up to 12 months, from the first treatment session. The longevity of this treatment can vary from person to person and also depends on which area is treated. The treatment replenishes the hyaluronic acid providing moisture back to the skin resulting in radiant looking skin.
The results are progressive which means the skin changes are subtle and natural looking so won’t be immediately apparent.
Treatment with Skin Boosters™ is clinically proven to:
- Increase the skin elasticity and feels firmer
- Softens and smooths the skin
- Improves the appearance of sun damaged and dull looking skin
- Reduces the fine lines
- Lessens imperfections of the skin such as acne scarring
Which areas can be treated?
Several areas can be treated with Skin Boosters™ which include, face, neck, décolletage and hands and is suitable for young, delicate and mature skin. This treatment can also be used in conjunction with microneedling treatment.
There are two protocols:
1. Protocol one - more gradual approach -
- 3 separate treatment sessions at 4 week apart.
- 1 maintenance treatment at 6 months.
2. Protocol two – for quicker approach -
- 2 separate treatment sessions at 4 weeks apart. More product is administered in the first treatment session.
- 1 maintenance treatment at 6 months..
The recommendation to which protocol is most suitable will be discussed at the time of consultation and skin concern.
What to expect when having treatment?
The treatment is a series of micro injections of the stabilised hyaluronic acid. For your comfort, local anaesthetic cream is applied to the areas to be treated prior to treatment.
Common side effects from treatment can include a bit of redness, swelling, bruising, tenderness and itchiness. These usually resolve after a few days to a week.
You may feel the product under the skin initially but this will resolve over a few days.
Other uncommon potential risks will be discussed at the time of your consultations.
Following your treatment:
- Advice sheet
- To avoid extreme cold or intense heat (such as saunas, sunbathing, hot baths) for at least 2 weeks post treatment, as this can prolong swelling.
- Avoid applying make-up immediately following treatment. Leave for about 24hours until symptoms have subsided.
- Cleanse the skin gently with a mild cleanser and do not rub the skin until symptoms subside.
- Wash hands prior to touch areas where they have been injected to avoid risk of infection.
Restylane® Skin Boosters™ are part of the Restylane® range that have been through extensive clinical trials and have been around since 1996. They are renowned for their safety and quality therefore trusted by practitioners worldwide.
Single treatment £195
Course of treatment £550