Don’t forget your hands! Our hands often get neglected when we concentrate on treatments for our face, neck and décolletage areas. However, the ageing process is still reflected in the condition of our hands which are always on show.
As we age the skin on the back of our hands can become thinner, dry and rough, some people also have loss of volume making the veins and tendons more prominent. Environmental factors such as long term exposure to the sun or cold play their part as well as some outdoor occupations.
These are the treatment options to rejuvenate the back of your hands:
- Sunekos® - an injectable treatment with a combination of hyaluronic acid and amino acids. Restores volume, hydrates and stimulates the formation of collagen.
- Restylane® Skin Boosters™ restores and hydrates the skin on the back of your hands. This is with a series of micro injections in which the hyaluronic acid binds with the water giving your skin the hydration it needs. Over the next few weeks you will notice that the skin will feel softer, smoother and more plumped.
- Radiesse® - this treatment is great for volume and to minimise the appearance of prominent veins and tendons. Radiesse® is a substance comprised of Calcium Hydroxylapatite (CaHA) microspheres within an aqueous gel carrier. Over time the aqueous gel gets absorbed and the microspheres stimulate the formation of collagen resulting in a long lasting treatment. The skin quality is also improved with this treatment.
- Micro needling – improves the appearance of the skin on the back of your hands. The tiny needles cause a healing process reaction to occur which stimulates the formation of collagen. Results in healthier, thicker skin and improved texture. After treatment, serums are applied so that they can be easily absorbed to enrich the process.
- BioRePeelCl3 peel (body) – This peel is effective to revitalise the skin on your hands and improve the appearance of the skin.
A local anaesthetic cream is applied to your hands prior to each of the injectable treatments.
Following these treatments the hands may have bruising and swelling but this does not last long. It will not affect the normal function of your hands.
Sunekos® £390 - £450 (both hands)
Skinboosters™ £350 (both hands)
Radiesse® £400 (both hands)
Micro needling £150 per session (both hands)