Anti-Wrinkle Injection Treatment
This treatment is particularly effective for those who have developed signs of lines and wrinkles who wish to soften them for a refreshed youthful appearance.
What is anti-wrinkle treatment?
An anti-wrinkle injection is a treatment by specifically placing tiny injections into the muscles that are contributing to the cause of these lines and wrinkles. Typical areas to be treated are the frown lines, forehead lines and ‘crows’ feet around the eyes.
This treatment is particularly effective for those who develop frown lines between the eye brows and so often say this makes them look tired or cross. It can help by subtly lifting giving a more natural and refreshed look.
How does it work?
The treatment works by the prevention of the muscle from being able to contract. In other words, this means the muscle has a reduction in its movement because it remains in its relaxed state. It works by stopping the signal from the nerves to communicate with the muscles so temporarily loses its ability to move.
In time the fine lines and wrinkles start to reduce improving the appearance of the skin. Anti-wrinkle treatment is effective on those lines that are known as dynamic, this means the lines appear with the movement of the muscle. Static lines however, occur as a result of continuous movement and this is where the lines remain even when the muscles are relaxed. In this case, the treatment may soften these lines over time but will remain visible.
The treatment is not permanent and on average results last for about 4-5 months but this can vary from person to person depending on factors such as skin quality, age and lifestyle.
Which areas can be treated?
Frown lines, forehead lines and ‘crows’ feet, the lines around the eyes.
What to expect when having a treatment
The treatment itself does not take long and a consultation is carried out beforehand to assess your suitability for it. The tiny injections are not painful but some can feel a little stingy.
A follow up review appointment is made for 2-3 weeks post treatment which offers an opportunity to assess the effect of the treatment.
Results will not be immediate and the optimum effect is reached at about 2 weeks. You may start to feel the effect after about 3 days.
Following your treatment:
- Advice sheet
- Review appointment at 2 weeks
- Do not lie down, exercise or bend excessively for up to 4 hours post treatment.
- Avoid wearing make-up, drinking alcohol and extreme expressions for the next 12 hours. Alcohol can increase the risk of bruising and make up may be a potential infection risk if applied over injections points.
- Do not rub or massage over treated areas. Gently pat dry after washing for up to 48 hours.
- Try to avoid strong sunlight and saunas. Do not have facials or facial massages for up to 2 weeks.
- Some may experience a slight headache following treatment but this usually resolves after a few days.
1 area £175
2 areas £240
3 areas £275